5 Ways To Create A Cozy Thanksgiving Table Scape with Character……
Creating a cozy Thanksgiving Table Scape with Character is very easy, and I can appreciate a simple, easy, and effortless table on my part. I decided to set the table for my in kitchen seating, and keep it very simple. Jerral and I are staying home this Thanksgiving, but doesn’t mean that we don’t like simple, and beautiful. I’m noticing as I get older I do relish in the idea of eating off of a real plate, versus paper and plastic. So, on the blog today I wanted to share with you 5 Steps To A Cozy Thanksgiving Table.
- Linen Napkins- Well, I decided to use two napkins here on this table. One really decorative lap napkin, and one for the mouth and hands next to the plate. The lap napkin is beautiful for dressing the lap, but also adds character to your layers under the plate.
2. Greenery or Floral Arrangements- I love adding faux, or real flowers. My preference is for real, but because of where the sun hits my home, they ( flowers) don’t last very long here. If you
can add the faux, or real its going to be beautiful anyway. These hydrangeas came in this Fall color, and I thought they were really beautiful here on my table. Remember, you can add any flower to your table, make it yours!
3. Candles- Candles are definitely a must have, and need to have a presence at the table. I love the smells of Fall candles, and they bring a certain type of Ambiance to the table. I also like to burn these as I am cleaning the kitchen. It definitely heightens the atmosphere of the table.
4. Add some fruit, pumpkins, or winter squash- Remember to add in those layers, and create all types of elements. I took and old scarf, that added another dimension to my table. The white pumpkins were also a great touch to the table. I love gold utensils, and I decided to keep them in the glass container. keeping them here, doesn’t make it seem too formal. The salt shakers that you see here, are actually antiques from my mom. I decided on a whim one day to spray paint them gold. This is my favorite gold spray paint here.
5. Cozy Seating– Make sure that the area that you choose for your table, and or seating is cozy. I have a settee in my kitchen that I wrote about HERE. I love this settee, and especially for a $25 price tag too. This was a second hand settee, and it was reupholstered by me! This was a really nice DIY, and it turned out great too. Even if you don’t have a settee try adding a throw to the back of the chair for coziness, and warmth to the table. Remember layers are key!
Table (Old)/ White napkins HERE/ Black and White Napkins (Old)/ Gold Chargers HERE/ White Plates HERE/ Wine Goblets HERE/ Fur Throw on Settee HERE/ Pillows (Old)/ Black and White napkins (Old) Similar HERE