I know, I know.. It is still totally summer. I am with you guys 100%. I LOVE summer too, don’t forget my birthday is in the summer! But, when you come across a count down that says (50 days til Fall) or maybe 40 or so now. I recently laid eyes on this article that is titled, “Home Trends For Fall, and What is Out” It just reminds me that there are some exciting things about Fall coming up. One of them is related to home decor of course. 🙂
My Favorite Things That Country Living Magazine Predicted For Fall Decor…..
- Velvets– Pillows are a great way to add color, and texture for Fall.
- Faux Finishes– Vinyl decals, and wallpaper add depth and texture.
- Matte Black– Adding in some accessories is a great way to add this decor.
- Dark Green and Blush– Country Living Predicts Dark Green and Blush to be the “IT” colors for Fall. You can find this dark green pillow here, for under $10. I also found this blush pink pillow cover here.
- Woven Textures- Baskets for wall art, and also for plants too.
- Dark Paint– Paint a door, or signature wall for this effect in your home.
- Brass Is the New Copper- Real copper is always in, but try adding in some brass lanterns, frames, and a few accessories too.
- Bone Inlay– Think mirrors, lamps, side tables, and other accessories.
- White IS Out, and Interesting Bedding Is In- I agree that adding some layers to your existing bed is great for Fall. I LOVE white bedding, so adding a throw, and or interesting pillows will add a pop of color to your bedding.
Fall Inspiration Photos….
OUT- All WHITE KITCHEN
MARBLE LAMP- OUT
Dark Greens and Matte- IN
This is a very gorgeous living room, with those beautiful accessories that fit what they are trending.
All White Bedding with a Throw-IN (Interesting Bedding)
Green Living Room with Warm Accessories…
Black Lamp Shades..
I hope that you are a little bit more inspired for Fall, and look forward to a break from this Texas sun. What are some Fall touches that you like to add to your home?