I am so excited to bring you my “Travel Ready Series Part 2”, and how I get down with these boys as we prepare to travel the open road folks! One thing I do before I prepare to go anywhere with the family is to write, write, and write. I know that sounds like the mind of a school teacher, but that’s all I am working with, and the means of picking my brain as it operates on a budget.
Where are we Headed????
Going to certain places can matter a lot especially if they are not within your price point, but also hearing the feedback of the kids also has to be meaningful to your trip too. My first plan of action is:
- Boys where would you like to go this summer, and why?
- Write down 3 places that you want to go?
- In my house that is 6×3, meaning 18 places that we have to consider.
- Boys remember that we have to get to these places by car.
- I put all 18 places in a jar, and we randomly choose 6 places out of the jar.
- If we choose someone’s place more than once, we go back to the jar for another.
- The boys have to go research their place, and convince us why it’s a great place to go, and what does that place have to offer?
- Mom and Dad help the younger two, but two are to be in high school soon.
- Boys have to consider all aspects of a trip lodging, food, entertainment, gas, time to travel, tourist attractions.
- This is all in the learning curve, and we are teachers we definitely want our boys to be equipped..
Packing Your Bags:
Last Monday, I started this series on the “Travel Ready Series Part 1” and what are some good bags to pack with you, as you are preparing for this epic trip!!! One thing, or one itty bitty secret I am sharing is that I love planning vacations especially if I can make it under budget, and or epic all in itself!! The first thing is to choose bags that are really durable, and that will last your family a time into future travels, and those bags can be at a few price points, and or buy a very nice bag,and have it outlast the ages of your kids, and they can take it to college with them. ( We will leave that post for another day)..Get your tissues I know when that day will come I will need plenty tissues. I chose a few bags that I am so in love with, but know that I am still school teacher operating on this tiny budget, which will not matter if you plan it well.
By Car or By Plane????
Remember I am traveling 6 deep here, and our first choice is to go by car! Going by car can be SUPER fun, or extremely annoying for some people. My suggestions of travel is to go with your kids by car, and the feeling of not being cramped on a plane. Also, that you don’t feel uncomfortable if your kids are squirming on a plane, and or crying, and or just antsy altogether. In my opinion traveling with young kids by car gives you the freedom of:
- Stopping when you need too..
- Maybe choosing to stop halfway and stay in a hotel..
- Also, stopping in each state to take a photo by the signs of those states when you enter. (Great memory to have for your kiddos)!!
- Moving from front seat to back seat based on your levels of comfort for your children.
- They can play games in the car, and be themselves.
- Memories last longer and the car, and you make so many more along the way I promise..
- If anyone gets sick you won’t have to be confined to the plane, or anyone sitting 5 inches away from you!
- Being in the car kind of helps you set the tone of your trip, the destination where your headed..
Remember to weigh your cost options, and make sure to understand where am I going to make the most memories,and look back on it and be happy with my choice. I have traveled to quite a few places by plane, and by car. I choose car because of 1-8 mentioned above, and I wouldn’t have it any other way (I PROMISE)!!
What’s Important Here???
Don’t forget that trips are a time for making memories, and teaching your kids about the other side of the world that they can’t see, or have never seen. I take these opportunities to teach my children like my hair is on fire, and give them the eyes of others. I tell them that they are very fortunate to be able to travel, enjoy every minute of it, be grateful, and to be EASY, from the infamous words of MR. JW (daddy)!! We are a family that is big on the boys telling people thank you, saying ,”yes mam, and “no mam”or yes sir and no sir. I love being their first teacher, and that at some point is my responsibility to teach them the ways of the world, and how at times the world can rear its UGLY head, but we persevere no matter the circumstance. We have begun planning our travels to our summer trip the boys are very excited, can’t wait, coming up with the best ideas, and are very helpful to the planning process. Don’t forget to make sure to begin the planning process you have to write, write, and write!! Your work will almost be a bit much if you don’t plan it out before hand. I have to have it planned because remember we are going 6 deep here people.
I spend countless hours a long with the boys researching the “CHOSEN PLACE”, and making sure that they see what kind of planning goes into trips, budgeting, and how all this magic brings everything to life. I want this to be a landing spot for anyone needing to take trips with kids, and or a large family. This can be used as a guide to help you figure the twists and turns of traveling with a brood..Hey, guys leave me some trip ideas I would love to hear some, for future planning. Also, what are some kid friendly places that you have traveled with your littles??? In my next post we will talk about what we do on the road, what type of vehicles we choose, and what types of places I plan on visiting while I am there, and in my last post I will tell you where we are headed this SUMMER! (we are excited)!!
This post “Travel Ready Series Part “2” appeared first on Delightfully Styled…..