How To Sell Your House In Less Than 7 Days…..
I have been dying to write this post, but it has been Jerral and I’s well kept secret lately. We have been scheming, plotting, and planning to sell our house in this short time frame. I don’t always have a plan to what I am going to do. We somehow begin strategizing, and get at it. We are just bubbling over to tell you how we have sold 2 homes in less than a week’s time frame. The first home that we sold was on the market for less than 24 hours. The home that you see here in the picture was on the market for 2 days, and received a really good offer.
This has been exciting, and giving us nervous energy too as we get through this process. Selling a home can be stressful, eventful, and leave a bad taste in your mouth. The event can be detrimental, and emotional to any family involved. The buying and selling of your home should be a congratulatory type experience, and fill your hearts with great anticipation.
Listed Below Are First Steps…….
1.Make sure that you and your spouse go in with all expectations up front.. (Especially if this will be YOUR forever home)..
2. When searching for your next house know what you want in a house specifically. (Kitchen color, #of bedrooms, carpet color, deal breakers etc..)
3. NEVER compromise especially if you see your realtor getting weary of your wants…
4. Make sure that you speak up, and don’t let your realtor have you looking at things that WILL NOT work for your family…
5. Don’t give evil eyes to your spouse across the room, even because he may be folding under pressure from realtor, and or you!! (Ha ha ha ha)!!!
6. Talk, Talk, Talk, and make sure to NOT have buyer’s remorse…
7. Take your TIME, but make sure to realize that your house is under contract and time is definitely NOT on your side.
8. The house buying process can be exciting, personal, and emotional for all both you and your spouse.
9. There are a lot of houses out there, please try NOT to get emotionally attached..
10. Never Settle, it’s your MONEY!!!!!!
Staging Your Home……
When deciding to STAGE, your house make sure that you have an idea in mind of what you want your house to look like to the buyer. When I started working on my houses, I always kept in mind how would the buyer see this, or picture themselves living here. A buyer comes with an initial thought in mind, of what would their things look like in your house, or space. If you can move out before it’s sold then amaze balls!! If you can’t be so fortunate to do that, then this is a great post that your reading.
I am a firm believer to keep things simple, light, and clutter free. These are always at the front of my mind when I picture someone walking through here trying to make decisions. I want my buyer to be able to see that the possibilities are endless, and this is the place for them. It becomes extremely monumental when you have to involve the whole family in on making these deals happen quickly. I have told my children about 1 month before the house hits the market. I only tell them for the simple reasons of their training will soon begin. (Ha ha ha)!!!
Family Steps To Sell…..
1. Make sure that your children are aware of this very tedious process!!! (It takes effort on everyone’s part)…..
2. Train your kids on how to handle and respect their bedrooms while the FOR SALE SIGN is still in the yard.
3. Go through and start removing all clutter from your entire house. (Even those cabinets you have been avoiding) It has to look spacious to those home buyers, and they have to imagine their things in your space.
4. Make the deal more appealing to them where they can really think that they are gaining a great deal from the purchase of your home (e.g. refrigerator stays with home)
5. Don’t over price your house check out the market trends for your neighborhood, how long houses are staying up around you, and check out the one’s that have sold, and step up your game.
6. Make sure that the house is all one color, and those crazy colors may have worked for you then but buyers like to see uniformity. (I know I DO)!!!!
7. In closets keep shoes off the floor. line all clothes up neatly for e.g all jeans together, all blouses together, dresses together etc…(especially if the closet is small they have to have some type of faith in the closet, you are trying to sell them. Closets even have to be STAGED to sell..
8. Clean off all kitchen counter tops, clean ovens thoroughly, wipe down all sinks, and if it really helps get a maid to come in and clean it for you once you have brought the house to its selling point. Fix all squeaky doors, spot paint, and make sure that to even fix those things that you have been avoiding.
9. Make sure that there are NO straggling leaves in the yard sweep off porch, buy a new front porch rug, make a wreath for the front door, make it seem very inviting.
10. I only purchased key things that I knew would help me sell, such as a new comforter keep colors light and bright (stay away from patterns)( love plush and fluffy, lots of pillows) makes the room seem larger. Make sure floors are very clean especially if carpet still resides there. Roll your towels in the bathroom on top of each other, give the restroom hotel STATUS, no trash in cans, purchase a long lasting room spray, we played jazz most of the day due to all the showings we had.
Keep the blinds open all over the house, and let the sunshine come in. It was a BIG selling point especially with all the windows in the houses.
Last Home Selling Note……….
Let this be an enjoyable process, and make sure that you take note of the things that are happening as you list the house, and the traffic that will be coming your way. We thoroughly walked through each and every step of this process, and made sure that we were maximizing all of the opportunity that was going to come our way. It is always best to be in a multiple offer situation, than none at all!!