Kelly Green Antique China Cabinet by Behr….
Hey Yall! Heyyyyy! Today I am bringing you up and close to this Kelly Green Antique China Cabinet. This china cabinet holds some dear memories for me, it belonged to my mom! I actually have a few of her furniture pieces that mean a great deal to my heart. The cabinet was your usual mahogany color, and I loved it that way as well. There was just something pulling on me more, about change. If anyone knows anything about me, and or my mom she was my heart and soul.
Creating a Masterpiece….
I am aware that a lot you may think mannnn…….. what made her choose green. Well, I will tell you why I gravitated towards this beautiful color. My mommy took time to always show me ways to grow, and become better at all things. She was always a person who strived for better, and sought after the best for her children. When I decided that it was time for a change, I wanted the change to show growth, new beginnings, profound beauty, and something unique.
As you can see there is nothing perfect about this green cabinet. There are nicks and flaws that you can see in this picture here. I love the cabinet the way that it is, and it reminds me that none of us are perfect, but in God’s eyes. Choosing this bright color reminded me of a few words when it came to describing my mom….
- Eager- She was always eager to do her best, in anything she touched. She taught my siblings and I the very same work ethic.
- Willing- Always willing to help any soul she came in contact with. It was almost as if her love tank was endless. She had more love in that tank you could ever get from one person.
- Hard Work- She never let me see her do anything easy. The very being of that woman was hard work, in all things that she puts her hands on, or apart of.
If you notice in my china cabinet some of those dishes are my mom’s, and mine’s altogether. I love white dishes, and antique dishes a lot. They are right there with my love for cutting boards, which I talked about in this post HERE, and my love for tea towels too! There are a few more loves that I have out there, but I won’t divulge all at one time.
There were some photos that I wanted to share with you guys on the process of turning this green. The photos were erased by accident (sorry:() I will tell you below the steps I took to get it to this stage.
STEPS TO GET TO THIS BEAUTY
- I used this primer here from Home Depot. (HERE)
- Gave this cabinet 2 generous coats of that primer mentioned above.
- Chose a color that was going to be powerful, yet soothing in my home. Chose this paint color HERE.
- The color of that paint was called #PARKPICNIC
- Make sure to go over twice, so that the color sticks well.
- Between each coat, there was an hour drying time for each one.
- The hardware is original, and I used this GOLD SPRAY PAINT HERE.
- We let dry overnight, before we brought back into house.
- Needed something that would make this cabinet complete.
- Wallpaper from Target (other sold-out) similar HERE!
Don’t be afraid to use color in your home. My decorating style is my own, but there are some great ones out there too! I choose to implement things that have lots of meaning to my life, and have a story around their presence. As my boys grow I love to be able to share that furniture’s history, and purpose with them. Cole is almost too little when my mom passed, so that gives me the courage to talk with him about his Mimi. He deserves to know who would give her last to him, and why she was my idol. If there are any pieces that you have done, please send me pictures, so that I can see your masterpieces.