And……. This is my crew folks!! Introducing you to my clan, my brood,my fellas, and my one and only’s!! These little young men keep Mr. JW and I on our toes at all times, but we couldn’t be more blessed with this group right here. I am so happy to be their mom, and the #onelittlelady in this group. They are growing up to be some of the most respectable guys that I am so proud of my own rearing. Planning vacations with them can be so teachable, and torturing too! They love to participate, learn, and offer other opportunities that we may come across or get to learn some valuable lesson from. The two smallest one in the front #dontletthesmoothtastefoolyou, lol!! I am so happy to be bringing you my “Travel Ready Series…Part 4, and this series will be coming to and end. When I first opened the series I brought you many different types of bags to use when going on vacation with little ones, and tweens here.
I know that it is NOT always feasible to take long car trips due to some of us may get car sick, and or just can’t handle long rides sitting still for so long. I was one of those people that could not handle being in the car for so long, but after reading enough travel posts I have learned a few things to help me with coping the CAR people!!
COPING THE MILES:
- Take those needed rest stop breaks. ( I promise some of those rest stops are verrry nice)…
2. Make sure to bring a really good book, takes your mind off of road rage. (LOL)..
3. Grab a hotel for halfway through the journey, the kids always love that #hotellife!(they think it’s free)…:/
4. Take in some sightseeing, and bring your camera to document all those moments.
5. Try to be patient, and make sure to check your attitude, the trip is not only for you, but for everyone taking up space in that car.
As we continue on the next leg of this road trip fury, make sure that you are having those meaningful conversations with your children, they are growing up and this may be a long time again before you guys head that way gain, so make sure to stamp in those memories in their little brains too! Dont forget in “Travel Ready Series … Part 2” I shared with you to plan your vacation and, how to involve all of your kiddos inon the fun. In that post I shared the system that I use with my boys, and how #schoolteacher hubby and I delegate those duties even down to our kindergartner. We are always going to use every opportunity teach our sons as much as we can because we want them to always be equipped with the best possible information.
Wheewww look at this windy hair yall!! How I love this man, and how much fun I have with this guy. Maybe in a later post I will shre with you how we met, and or our love story its amazing and will surprise you!! In my “Travel Ready Series… Part 3, I shared with you all the work that goes into planning a trip on #onelittlelady end. The one thing that keeps me falling in love with this man is how fun he is,all day and everyday.. (Need to see him dance)...
Kid Friendly Places: (Places to Go)..
- Disney (Universal Studios)..(We did Disneyworld first, and Universal second time).. Universal was the kids fave hands down)..
2. Austin,TX (love the #foodtrucklife)..(Check out the bats under the congress bridge) Big Top Candy Shop, Gourdough’s donuts, Hopdoddy, etc… (Thinkery Museum)
3. San Francisco
4. Napa- (Adults Only)- Milliken Creek B&B (OMG!!)
5. Maine, Kennenbunkport (Loveddddd)..(Stayed at the Captain Lord’s Mansion OMG!!!)
We love the open road, and #jiggywiththewilliams is how we get down to fun. Don’t forget that there is one more post to this series, and in that post I will share with you the three places that we narrowed down in our camp. As you can see don’t forget that it takes a lot of planning on your part to cut down all the costs, and do your research. Remember to write, write, and write it helps to narrow down things, and also to solidify what you have put into place. We love being on the road, and we were once afraid to leave too far outside of our city but not anymore. We love the open road….
See you on my next, and final “Travel Ready Series…Part 5“!!
Have you finalized any places yet?
Are you headed anywhere this summer? What are some of your methods to planning your family vacation?
This post “Travel ready Series…. Part 4, appeared first on Delightfully Styled….